Teaching Strategies makes available on the Site an online reporting and assessment system (the "Services") that can be used by teachers, school administrators, parents and other child care providers to track the progress of individual children and groups of children. Only registered users who have or are affiliated with an organization that has a subscription can access and use the Services. Attempting to access these restricted areas without authorization is prohibited.
Additional terms and conditions govern use of the Services. Access to or use of the Services prior to accepting the terms of our Subscription Agreement is strictly prohibited.
Teaching Strategies authorizes you to download one (1) copy of the Content to any single computer for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you keep intact all copyright management information including copyright notices and other proprietary notices and information. You may not reproduce, publicly perform, transmit, distribute, publicly display, adapt or create derivative works, or otherwise use the Content. If you download any software from our site, you are authorized to access only the source code version of the software. You may not reverse engineer, de-compile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to determine the source code of such software.
INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE
If you choose to post or transmit any photographs, text, information, ideas, opinions or other material (collectively, the “Submission”) on or through the Site, you acknowledge that you will remain solely responsible for the Submission. You grant a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to Teaching Strategies for the reproduction, distribution, transmission, adaptation, public performance, public display and other use of the Submission. By uploading a Submission, (i) you represent and warrant that you have obtained any and all necessary releases, consents, licenses, permissions, waivers and/or authorizations and that use of the Submission by Teaching Strategies will not violate the rights of any third parties, and (ii) you agree that you will provide copies of such releases, consents, licenses, permissions, waivers and/or authorizations when requested by Teaching Strategies. Please do not upload any Submission for which you cannot make the foregoing representations and warranties.
When posting or transmitting information or otherwise using the Site, you agree that you will comply with all applicable laws, statutes, rules and regulations; in particular you agree that you will not:
- Harass, defame, intimidate or threaten another user;
- Post personally identifiable information belonging to another person or otherwise interfere with another user's rights to privacy;
- Post images of or information about another person without his/her prior written consent or otherwise interfere with another user’s rights of publicity;
- Post information or images of any child without the prior written consent of the child’s parent or guardian;
- Distribute chain letters, surveys or contests;
- Post any material that is defamatory (i.e., disparaging to the reputation of an individual or business);
- Post any material that is obscene or indecent;
- Promote or discuss any illegal activity;
- Post any trademarks, logos or copyrightable material without the prior written authorization of the owner;
- Post any materials that may damage the operation of a computer (such as a virus, worm or Trojan horse); or
- Advertise or sell any goods or services.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
The Site may provide links to other third party websites operated by individuals or entities that are not affiliated with Teaching Strategies. We provide links to these third party sites solely for the convenience of our users. You should be aware that we do not review, screen or endorse any content, advertising, products, services or other materials that appear on or are available from such websites. You assume full responsibility for your use of any third-party websites. You acknowledge and agree that Teaching Strategies has no responsibility or liability for the availability of such external websites or resources, or for the content, advertising, products, or other materials available through such websites or resources. Teaching Strategies will not be liable for any direct or indirect damages or losses caused by your use of such third-party websites.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN PARTICULAR, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY OR SECURE OR THAT THE SITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR TIMELY WITH ALL UPDATES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES AND OTHER LEGAL EXPENSES) RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, (A) ANY ERRORS IN, OR OMISSIONS FROM, THE SITE; (B) ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR CONTENT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS FROM THE SITE; (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THE SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF; (D) YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE; (E) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE; OR (F) ANY COMPUTER VIRUSES, WORMS OR "TROJAN HORSES," ANY OTHER TYPE OF DESTRUCTIVE OR MALICIOUS COMPUTER CODE (BY WHATEVER NAME IT IS CALLED), OR ANY UNAUTHORIZED COMPUTER CODE THAT IS ATTACHED TO, OR MADE A PART OF, THE SITE BY ANY PERSON, GROUP OR ORGANIZATION.
The Site and Content may not be appropriate or available for use in countries other than the United States. If you choose to access the Site from any location other than the United States, you accept full responsibility for compliance with applicable local laws.
This Site, Content and other materials contained herein are
© Copyright 2001-2010 Teaching Strategies, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
If you are authorized to act on behalf of a copyright owner, and any material on the Site infringes on the rights the owner, please notify our designated agent:
7101 Wisconsin Ave.
Bethesda, MD 20814
To be effective, your notification must provide us with information that meets the requirements of the U.S. Copyright Act, which are summarized as follows:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- A detailed identification of the copyrighted work or works claimed to have been infringed;
- Information sufficient to permit us to locate the allegedly infringing material;
- Information sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number or email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the allegedly infringing material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- Your sworn statement that the information in your notification is accurate; and
- Your sworn statement that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner of the allegedly infringing material.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Teaching Strategies.